From production to management, Phifer’s employees play an integral role in the world class manufacturing of our products. Phifer dedicates resources, provides training and communication to create an environment in which each employee can contribute skills, talents, and ideas to a never-ending process of improvement, problem solving, and innovation. An equal opportunity employer, Phifer offers an excellent benefits package to eligible full-time employees. These include health care, life insurance, 401K retirement, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays, company uniforms and an employee recreation/fitness facility.
Careers - Clerical, Maintenance, Managerial & Professional
The positions include accounting, electronic technicians, engineering, human resources, information technology, machinist, mechanical maintenance, purchasing, and other professional and technical opportunities. Please select the clerical, maintenance, managerial & professional hyperlink for current opportunities and application instructions.
Phifer offers an excellent benefits package to full-time employees. These include health care, life insurance, 401K retirement, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays, company uniforms and an employee recreation/fitness facility.
Qualified applicants may submit their resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for each position they qualify for.
R & D Product Development Specialist
Posted Monday, September 26, 2016
The position of Product Development Specialist in Strategic Development is responsible for leading, planning, directing and coordinating the launch of new products. The position will establish a priority of projects and will be accountable to ensure projects are on time and identify growth opportunities for the organization. The Product Development Specialist is expected to have a broad and comprehensive knowledge of all matters related to the business of the organization with an eye towards identifying new product prospects and driving business growth and requirements for product development that will be coordinated with R & D functions and support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Will support and manage full product lifecycle from conception, manufacturing, production to launch including: ideation, concept refinement, development, collaboratation with internal stakeholders such as Marketing, Supply Chain, Product Portfolio Management and 3rd party providers and conducting research in support of product launches and cost savings initiatives.
Will lead product-planning activities, track progress and communicate progress/risks within the organization. Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
Will design new tools, processes and systems to improve product development capabilities.
Will conceptualize and research new ideas, objectively evaluate market and financial feasibility using analytics and other resources.
Will provide significant project management, cross-functional acumen and lead internal team members where appropriate to execute development plans and implementing new products to differentiate from competitors.
Will work with marketing and sales team to understand customer needs and desires that can be developed into new products or new features for existing products.
Will act as an liason between Design/Development, R & D, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Sales.
MINIMUM JOB SPECIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Required a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University in Engineering Discipline, Project/ Program Management or related field of study
- Prefer a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) in a STEM discipline
- Prefer Textile weaving constructon and fabric finishing experience
- Will work with customers in designing new products and processes with quality, performance, production and profitability in mind.
Job Type: Full-time
- Textile weaving constructon and fabric finishing: 1 year
Posted Friday, April 8, 2016
The graphic designer will be responsible for the creative design of advertising and marketing materials that get messages across with high visual impact. This person is expected to have up-to-date knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite applications and must be able to apply these skills to a variety of digital and print marketing efforts, including advertising, promotional material (logos, banners, signage), magazine ads, emails, flyers, product sheets, landing pages and corporate identities. Specifically, this position will require an understanding of technical language and specifications needed to communicate clear instructions to vendors of printed materials (swatch cards, brochures, literature, etc.).
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
Prefer a BA degree from an accredited College or University in Studio Art Design with a focus in Graphic Design and 3+ years job experience as a graphic artist
Working knowledge of web design, GIF animation and graphic design coding a plus
Design skills reflected through work experience or in a current portfolio of projects/assignments
- Working knowledge of Mac computers and Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat and Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office software; Quark XPress a plus
- Strong work ethic and organization skills as well as visual skills with careful attention to detail
- Creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Ability to interact with, communicate and present ideas to a variety of internal staff members
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
Continuous Improvement Facilitator
Posted Friday, August 29, 2014
This position of Continuous Improvement Facilitator is acting as a change agent, champion’s continuous improvement efforts in a manner that achieves buy-in from employees and facilitates effective and lasting change to improve plant safety, quality, delivery service and cost. Management may assign additional duties.
JOB SPECIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University in
Operations Management, Engineering or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel at 70 percentile at an
Advanced level as measured by the Prove It software testing system
ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prefer candidates with strong industrial engineering background
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and Mini Tab
- Experience in leading Kaizen teams
- Black Belt certification
- Proven record of quality problem solving in a process manufacturing environment
1. Will lead cross-functional teams in the implementation of continuous process improvement activities
2. Will analyze production processes and utilize problem-solving methodology to identify root causes and develop appropriate solutions
3. Will organize, lead, and conduct Kaizen events focused on improvements to manufacturing and business processes
4. Will develop, document, and help sustain standard work
5. Will conduct Lean training to all levels of the organization
6. Will utilize continuous improvement tools including Lean and Six Sigma, to implement process improvements that will reduce cycle time, process variation, defects, changeover time, lead-time, and overall manufacturing cost
7. Will proactively help Product Lines by creating metrics and identifying process improvement opportunities