From production to management, Phifer’s employees play an integral role in the world class manufacturing of our products. Phifer dedicates resources, provides training and communication to create an environment in which each employee can contribute skills, talents, and ideas to a never-ending process of improvement, problem solving, and innovation. An equal opportunity employer, Phifer offers an excellent benefits package to eligible full-time employees. These include health care, life insurance, 401K retirement, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays, company uniforms and an employee recreation/fitness facility.
Careers - Clerical, Maintenance, Managerial & Professional
The positions include accounting, electronic technicians, engineering, human resources, information technology, machinist, mechanical maintenance, purchasing, and other professional and technical opportunities. Please select the clerical, maintenance, managerial & professional hyperlink for current opportunities and application instructions.
Phifer offers an excellent benefits package to full-time employees. These include health care, life insurance, 401K retirement, profit sharing, paid vacation and holidays, company uniforms and an employee recreation/fitness facility.
Qualified applicants may submit their resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com for each position they qualify for.
Multimedia Production Specialist
Posted Wednesday, October 5, 2016
The Multimedia Production Specialist position is responsible for assisting in the planning, directing and coordinating of Audio, Visual, Photographic and Informational operations at Phifer Incorporated.
- Will assist in editing, video shooting, and the setup of these events
- Will assist Director of Videography and Photography in day to day operations
- Will assist in creation of PhiferVision programs, website and Phifer YouTube channel
- Will assist in researching information and locations for onsite video and photographic shoots
- May be required to help design and test new ideas related to current Audio, Video and Photographic trends
- May be required to provide graphics as requested by sales staff and customers via electronic means
- May be required to perform other photographic, video, or audio requirements as needed
- May work closely with Advertising, Sales, and other departments as needed
- Will provide support, process information and help maintain our PIN network programs
JOB SPECIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Prefer abachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University in Broadcasting, Media or a related field of study or 5 years of relevant Media Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient in computer software editing to include Adobe AfterEffects and Adobe Premier Pro software
Posted Wednesday, September 28, 2016
The Marketing Coordinator will manage and support a variety of marketing related projects throughout the company. This position will support and work with product/SME teams to develop and implement marketing projects, including: sales tools, collateral, advertisements, databases, events, digital marketing, and social media. The Marketing Coordinator will also act as a liaison between sales, marketing, and internal or external partners.
- Will coordinate Social Media. Includes creating and posting content across all Phifer platforms, monitoring analytics and optimization.
- Will assist in creation and implementation of digital strategy for all company and associated online platforms including retail customers, Phifer owned websites, distributors/dealers business pages, and social media platforms. Will handle all editing for websites.
- Will assist in management of Photography and Videography creation, scheduling, and execution
- Will support product marketing managers to obtain project and content needs including writing content, coordinating photography and videography shoots.
- Will support internal staff or vendor partners on design, copy, images, and content needs in the development of sales tools, email campaigns, advertisements, events, digital marketing, and other promotional activities to meet goals.
- Will act as a Phifer brand steward, upholding brand and trademark standards and consistency in all projects.
- BS degree from an Accredited College or University in Marketing, Business
- 1-3 years experience preferred in marketing or related field
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Analytics, Social Media Platforms, CMS systems, Email marketing software
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including telephone skills
- Good general knowledge of all Phifer product lines, product applications, customers and audiences
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficient with web-based project management tools and communication technologies
R & D Product Development Specialist
Posted Monday, September 26, 2016
The position of Product Development Specialist in Strategic Development is responsible for leading, planning, directing and coordinating the launch of new products. The position will establish a priority of projects and will be accountable to ensure projects are on time and identify growth opportunities for the organization. The Product Development Specialist is expected to have a broad and comprehensive knowledge of all matters related to the business of the organization with an eye towards identifying new product prospects and driving business growth and requirements for product development that will be coordinated with R & D functions and support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
Will support and manage full product lifecycle from conception, manufacturing, production to launch including: ideation, concept refinement, development, collaboratation with internal stakeholders such as Marketing, Supply Chain, Product Portfolio Management and 3rd party providers and conducting research in support of product launches and cost savings initiatives.
Will lead product-planning activities, track progress and communicate progress/risks within the organization. Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
Will design new tools, processes and systems to improve product development capabilities.
Will conceptualize and research new ideas, objectively evaluate market and financial feasibility using analytics and other resources.
Will provide significant project management, cross-functional acumen and lead internal team members where appropriate to execute development plans and implementing new products to differentiate from competitors.
Will work with marketing and sales team to understand customer needs and desires that can be developed into new products or new features for existing products.
Will act as an liason between Design/Development, R & D, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Sales.
MINIMUM JOB SPECIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Required a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University in Engineering Discipline, Project/ Program Management or related field of study
- Prefer a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) in a STEM discipline
- Prefer Textile weaving constructon and fabric finishing experience
- Will work with customers in designing new products and processes with quality, performance, production and profitability in mind.
Job Type: Full-time
- Textile weaving constructon and fabric finishing: 1 year
Field Sales Representative
Posted Wednesday, September 21, 2016
Phifer Incorporated is a leader in the insect screen, solar control fabrics, drawn wire, engineered products and designed fabrics industries. Founded in 1952, Phifer Inc. is a family owned business established on providing a safe work environment, quality products and outstanding service. Manufacturing and corporate offices are located in our state-of-the-art facilities in Tuscaloosa, Alabama U.S.A. with warehousing/offices in California, Italy, India, and Asia. Phifer exports all products worldwide. Phifer Incorporated is ISO registered and is an equal opportunity employer.
Phifer Inc. currently has an opening in our Tuscaloosa office for a non-commission Field Sales Representative. This position is responsible for selling and marketing of all Phifer products to current and potential customers across the following geographical area; Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and accounts located in the eastern half Tennessee, Kentucky, and Alabama. This position will be required to travel 3-4 days per week for 2-3 weeks per month. Some weekend work is required.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with the drive and ability to work independently. They will be a high energy individual with strong interpersonal skills and ethical principles. This is an entry level position with future opportunities for high performers.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Business or another closely related field is required.
- Excellent Communications – Verbal and written
- Previous experience in Sales is preferred.
- Valid Driver's license required
- Gain expert knowledge of all Phifer’s capabilities, product portfolio, department’s products, customers, competitors and markets along with their underlying connections
- Build strong relationships with current and new customers by providing unparalleled customer service and product knowledge.
- Travel mainly in South Carolina, North Carolina, Virginia, and the eastern half Tennessee, Kentucky, and Alabama to current and potential customers.
- Communicate with our customers, distributors, agents and prospects by e-mail, telephone, and fax regarding product information, pricing, order status and credit status
- Communicate with our internal customers regarding product specifications, costing, and packaging: order status, shipment and credit status
- Coordinate or participate in promotional activities, dealer shows or trade shows working with customers, advertisers, architects, designers, and dealers to market products or services
- Recognize and pursue new customers and markets
- Host visiting customers and prospects
- Conduct business dealings in a professional and ethical manner
- Coordinate product/sales training for customers and their sales teams
Continuous Improvement Facilitator
Posted Friday, August 29, 2014
This position of Continuous Improvement Facilitator is acting as a change agent, champion’s continuous improvement efforts in a manner that achieves buy-in from employees and facilitates effective and lasting change to improve plant safety, quality, delivery service and cost. Management may assign additional duties.
JOB SPECIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University in
Operations Management, Engineering or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel at 70 percentile at an
Advanced level as measured by the Prove It software testing system
ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prefer candidates with strong industrial engineering background
- Computer proficiency in MS Office and Mini Tab
- Experience in leading Kaizen teams
- Black Belt certification
- Proven record of quality problem solving in a process manufacturing environment
1. Will lead cross-functional teams in the implementation of continuous process improvement activities
2. Will analyze production processes and utilize problem-solving methodology to identify root causes and develop appropriate solutions
3. Will organize, lead, and conduct Kaizen events focused on improvements to manufacturing and business processes
4. Will develop, document, and help sustain standard work
5. Will conduct Lean training to all levels of the organization
6. Will utilize continuous improvement tools including Lean and Six Sigma, to implement process improvements that will reduce cycle time, process variation, defects, changeover time, lead-time, and overall manufacturing cost
7. Will proactively help Product Lines by creating metrics and identifying process improvement opportunities