Window Shades for French Doors, Archways and Special Applications
Having a window with a view can be a treat for the eyes, letting you look out at your neighborhood, skyline, or rolling green backyard. On the other hand, having a door with a view can give you an even bigger glimpse of the world outside your doorstep (or just a little beyond your patio). While having a floor-to-ceiling view can be beautiful, sometimes, you can have too much of a good thing.
To help you enjoy greater privacy and cut down on energy costs, Phifer makes SheerWeave fabrics, which are ideal for creating custom window treatments for sliding glass doors and classic French doors. Our versatile line of SheerWeave fabrics can even be fashioned into a graceful arch window shade to help block excess light and heat from a decorative arch window perched above your door. Explore your options for finding the right SheerWeave fabric for your door window shades, engineered with your lifestyle in mind!
SheerWeave Fabrics for Door Window Shades: Features to Look For
Because a door with windows can occupy a lot of real estate in your home, you’ll want to make the most of such a beautiful feature. When it comes to finding fabric to create the most appealing and functional window treatments, SheerWeave meets your needs to help you enjoy the beauty of having a door window in your home without any of the drawbacks!
- Length & Width - Because doors with full-length windows -- such as French doors or sliding doors -- are longer and wider than your average window, they require more fabric to create window treatments to stretch the full length of the window.
SheerWeave fabrics for custom door window treatments come in lengths that span approximately 30 linear yards and in standard widths of 63” and 98” -- making them the perfect choice to create everything from roller shades for grand French doors to Roman shades for picturesque sliding doors. If you need something bigger, contact us and we can help you special order SheerWeave fabrics for your custom door window treatments.
- Reduce Energy Costs & Improve Daytime Privacy - Having a French door or sliding door in your home lets in a lot of light, sun, and eyes from the outside world. Outfitting doors with windows with custom treatments made with SheerWeave can help you reduce energy costs. Sun beating in through a large window all day can increase heat in your home, making your air conditioning unit work all the harder. Similarly, during colder months, many large door windows lack insulation and can make your home colder.
With this in mind, all SheerWeave materials have been designed to act as sun control solar shading and are capable of blocking between 75% to 99% of UV rays. They also help maintain optimum temperatures in colder climates.
If you’re looking for 100% UV blockage and fully-opaque shading, check out our range of blackout and room darkening fabrics. SheerWeave blackout fabrics create a relaxed atmosphere, as well as total privacy. However, if you’re not willing to compromise when it comes to allowing gentle beams of light into your home and want improved daytime privacy, our SheerWeave 1000 and 4800 series of fabrics allow you to see out without others seeing in during daytime hours. (For nighttime use and to maintain privacy when lights are on in your home, we recommend our blackout fabrics or using SheerWeave with drawn curtains.)
- Attractive Colors & Patterns - If your home has a large door with windows, they take up a lot of real estate in your home. Finding window treatments that are both practical and attractive for such a large feature in your home can be difficult. Fortunately, SheerWeave fabric comes in a wealth of color and texture options to beautifully outfit your door-length windows. From neutral shades, soft whites and greys, as well as bolder options -- like deep browns, stark blacks, and even sage greens -- SheerWeave can help accent your decor and provide you with added benefits.
- Easy-to-Clean, Keeps Mold & Mildew At Bay - Whether you choose to roll up your window treatments or allow them to hang freely, you want to keep them looking their best. SheerWeave is easy-to-clean, requiring just a little soap and water to remove any dust, dirt, or debris that may follow you inside when you open the door.
As an added benefit, many SheerWeave fabrics are endowed with MICROBAN, an additive that hinders the growth of mold, mildew, and bacteria -- as well as any odors that stem from these unpleasant substances.
- Environmentally-Friendly Options - Being able to look out at a beautiful landscape outside the window of your door can be wonderful. But knowing you’re doing your part to make the world a more beautiful place can be even better. SheerWeave has several eco-friendly options available to choose from, including our Infinity2, made from 100% recycled, 100% recyclable materials; our Cradle to Cradle Certified ™ Bronze 8000 series, which is halogen-free, PVC-free, phthalate-free, and LEED Material Ingredient Disclosure Credit Eligible; and our 4000 / 4100 / 4400 series with Dow ECOLIBRIUM, which reduces greenhouse gas emissions by 40% and uses a renewable alternative to traditional plasticizers in its construction.
Beyond these excellent, Earth-friendly options, all SheerWeave fabrics are GREENGUARD certified, bearing the stamp of approval for upholding the highest standards for indoor air quality, reducing VOCs and off-gassing.
Find the Right SheerWeave Material for Your Custom Door Window Shades
SheerWeave fabrics are made with you in mind, helping to enhance the home you love and give you more options to outfit your rooms with high quality custom window treatments for every room -- and every door -- in your home. With so many options to choose from, it can be difficult to narrow down your choices. Still not quite sure which SheerWeave material is best for you? Get in touch with us online or via phone. A Phifer representative will be delighted to chat you and help you find the right fabric for your custom door and window treatments.